The Sieve of Erasthotenes is a very old algorithm to find by elimination the prime numbers up to a given integer N.
The manual process is so:
- write down the numbers from 2 to N (say 100)
- stripe the multiples of 2, except 2
- stripe the multiples of 3 not yet striped, except 3
- iterate the process for the next unstriped number k: stripe the multiples of k not yet striped, except k.
- continue until you get no more unstriped multiples before N
The unstriped remaining numbers are the numbers...